Wings As Eagles: Sissie

Monday, May 14, 2007

Sissie

Last Monday night I came home to find that my cat, Sissie had died sometime during the day. She had been acting strangely and her breathing had become labored over the past couple of weeks. I knew she wasn't acting like herself, but I never expected her to not live much longer.

She wasn't in her usual sleeping place when I got home and Krissa hadn't seen her all day, so I started searching. I figured she was hiding under the bed, sleeping until I got home (she's very attached to me). It didn't take long and I found her all curled up in a storage area. I took one look and I knew she was gone. By this time it was after 11pm and I'm sure Dad was not thrilled to be awakened to come downstairs and take her outside, but he did.

Sissie was definitely my cat and followed me around wherever I was working in the house. She was with me almost 24 hours a day. She was very timid and scared, but was content sleeping in my room or in my sewing room. Of the three cats we have, she was the one we least expected to die first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)