Wings As Eagles: Menu Plan Monday

Monday, March 24, 2008

Menu Plan Monday



I've wanted to start posting my weekly menu that I plan for a while, but haven't started until now. I always enjoy seeing what others have posted and always get lots of new recipes and ideas!

I plan and type up the menu for all our meals - breakfast, dinner, supper - for the week, print it and stick it to the fridge. That way Jena know what to fix for dinner or supper if I am gone and Dad also knows what is for breakfast each day. It works well for us and is much easier for me to plan out meals Sunday afternoon than try to come up with something the night before.

Breakfast at our house is not too interesting since I have something planned for Dad for each day of the week and Jena and I are on our own for breakfast. Dad eats earlier than we do, since he gets outside early to check cattle.

Supper usually consists of sandwiches or leftovers in the fridge from the week. We always put peanut butter, fruit, carrots and such on the table in addition to something more substantial for Dad to eat. Jena and I are not big supper eaters, so usually fruit and veggies are our daily supper routine. Except on an occasional Sunday night that I eat popcorn for supper! ;)

So here is what we are eating for dinner this week:

Monday - Potato & corn casserole (I pulled this out of the freezer since Jena is working and I'll be teaching class tomorrow. I always keep things in the freezer for meals when Dad is home by himself.)

Tuesday - ham, cheesy hash brown potatoes, green beans

Wednesday - taco salad, garlic bread

Thursday - hamb. pizza, bread roll, broccoli w/ cheese

Friday - beef enchiladas, bread roll, peas

Saturday - tuna casserole, bread roll, mixed veggies

Sunday - church dinner (I plan to take lasagna, which I'll make Saturday night.)

Be sure to check out the links on Laura's blog for lots of great menu ideas!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to MPM!

    Thanks for sharing your menu and have a great week.

    My menu is up at Don't Eat Baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Serena,
    I am glad to find your website while I was searching for Ron Hamilton's album, Wings as eagles.
    I am also a Christian and I enjoy writing my walk with God on my website, too. However, since I am a Taiwanese, my website is written in Mandarin and seems not readable to you. But I definitely will visit your website again. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)