Wings As Eagles: Let's see....what else has been going on around here....

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Let's see....what else has been going on around here....

Friday and Saturday we spent in the Wichita/Whitewater/El Dorado area attending a wedding for one of our friends from camp. Jena was the maid of honor in Arlen and Mary's wedding, so she had some fun activities planned for the bridal party at the mall in Wichita Friday afternoon.

The wedding was Saturday and we were able to visit with a few friends we haven't seen in several years, which was a treat! Many of our fellow camp staffers are from around that area, so we were able to catch up with a few that haven't been to camp in a couple of years! It was late when we got home, but a fun weekend.

Those last couple of days pretty much drained all my energy, so I spent Sunday, Monday and Tuesday recovering from that. Then on top of that, my allergies just went into fits all day Monday and Tuesday, making me hardly able to function. I can't understand why those two days I had so much trouble with them, but for some reason I did. I probably took way too much medication to keep my sneezing/coughing/itching eyes under control, but I was just about at the point of not knowing what else to do. I even tried trying to sleep it off one afternoon, which usually works. They calmed down at bit while I laid down, but as soon as I got up, the sneezing continued.

I'm feeling a bit better today and haven't been sneezing near as much, but my face and eyes still feel like they're swollen. My long to-do list that I wanted to get done over Memorial Day weekend just didn't get accomplished. Oh, well, you know....it will still be there. Magically it doesn't disappear. :)

Grandma came over Monday morning to put flowers on Mom's grave and stopped by our house. She ended up staying the morning and for lunch, which was fun since it's been a while since she's been at our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)