Wings As Eagles: Church Christmas Dinner

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Church Christmas Dinner

We usually serve our yearly big church dinner at Thanksgiving, but this year moved it to Christmas. Friday and Saturday were the decorating and food preparation days. There are some wonderful ladies (and gentlemen as well!) who always do such a terrific job of decorating, planning and completing each and every detail for events such as this! I'm always amazed at all the things they do!

Jena, Megan and I served the meat and potatoes for the meal, which is always a fun treat for us! The meal was excellent as always and we had a large crowd of about 120 people! It's always lots of work, but always enjoyable.

When I got home (with plenty of turkey, potato, gravy and dessert leftovers!), I grabbed my computer, sat on the couch and started watching the last bit of the Chiefs football game. The next thing I knew it was after 5:00. I must have been exhausted cause it didn't take long and I was sound asleep.

I gave Dad a crash course on using my new camera to take pictures at church today and he did a pretty good job! Digital cameras and all the little buttons are still quite a mystery to him. :) Here's a few shots from the day....

Btw, Dave, if you are reading this, here's a glimpse of the activity! We missed seeing you there! :)

cutting desserts during church


beautiful, beautiful!


setting up the dessert and drinks tables


Let's eat!


the line goes on and on...


Greg, Susie and Roma - the master decorators and organizers!


Jeannette (master kitchen planner!), Megan, Jena and I...after just about everyone had gone through the line....it was now our turn!


the table where Dad sat


the kitchen staff table! :)


1 comment:

  1. Your fellowship dinner looks so wonderful! I just love the tent with the nativity in the center! I am involved in our church Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners, and I know how much work it can be!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)