Wings As Eagles: Creamy Potato Soup

Monday, December 15, 2008

Creamy Potato Soup

Linda requested that I post the potato soup recipe I was cooking in the crockpot in the car a week or so ago and so here it is! It is one where I combined several recipes and I am still improving on it. Many times I will cook this version of potato soup, but if I want something without all the extras, this is the one I use.

Creamy Potato Soup

4 cups cubed potatoes (4-5 medium potatoes)
3 TBSP butter
3 TBSP flour
1 1/2 - 2 cups milk
1/2 cup water
1/4 - 1/2 cup leftover ham juice/drippings
1 tsp seasoned salt
1/2 tsp celery salt
salt & pepper to taste

Boil potatoes in water until half done. To make a white sauce, melt the butter; then cut in the flour with the butter. Add milk, water and ham juice and stir well. Add seasoned salt, celery salt, salt and pepper and cook on low until sauce thickens. Add potatoes and cook until thickened and potatoes are done. More milk may be added if needed.

The above is for cooking on the stove, but if I am doing it in the crockpot, I put everything in (potatoes are already half done) and mix it together. Then I usually cook on high for about 30 minutes and then let it simmer on low for 3-4 hours until potatoes are done.

Also, if I need it to be really quick, I buy the frozen cubed potatoes and use that instead of peeling and boiling potatoes. Quick and easy!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm, this looks wonderful! I LOVE potato soup!! Our weather has turned sharply colder now so potato soup sounds perfect. I went on a picnic after church in 70 degree weather this past Sunday--Monday it didn't get out of the 20s! Wacky Texas weather! I know you will think I'm terribly dull, dear Serena, but I'm just going to make my potato soup in the kitchen. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)