Wings As Eagles: Red & pink or Blue & white?!?!?!?!

Monday, February 14, 2011

Red & pink or Blue & white?!?!?!?!

Those of you who know me, know that I decorate different areas of our house for each seasons. I'm a stickler on issues like this--certain decor items stay up for a certain amount of time and then they come down as the season is over. Christmas doesn't stay up until the middle of January and spring doesn't go up until the middle of March. That's just the way it is!

However, Valentine's Day is a little bit different. It comes at a time when I already have a houseful of snowmen and snowy items up which need to stay up from January until March. February 14th is right smack in the middle of that seasonal arrangement!!

So the question always becomes.....do I take down the snow scenes and put up red and pink hearts for a couple of weeks and then put back up the snow scenes? Or do I put away the snow stuff and leave up the red and pink decor until I put up spring? But that's leaving up all that Valentine's Day stuff for a month after the celebration day has passed!!!

Some years I break out the all the red and pink colored hearts and some years it remains boxed up. It's a dilemma I face every year. Yeah, I know what you're thinking--what's the big deal?! True, it's not a life or death situation, but still......

This year? A compromise. All the snowy teddy bears and trees stayed up, but just got moved around slightly to accommodate the red roses and Valentine hearts. And next week? Things will just shift slightly to remove the red and pink and go back to the blue and white. That will work!! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)