Wings As Eagles: Brrr...it's cold!

Saturday, April 7, 2007

Brrr...it's cold!

It has been so cold and windy that it seems like Winter is back! We even had some snow falling yesterday. It's April, but it sure doesn't seem like Spring with the weather as it is now.

For the last two nights, the temperature has gotten down to freezing or below. So that probably means that our fruit trees which already have blooms and a lot of Mom's flowers which are already blooming will freeze. And that means that we probably won't have any fruit from our trees this year, except for pears. We have two pear trees that always seem to produce pears no matter when it freezes. Of course, I would rather have apples, peaches and cherries over pears, but at least it's fruit!

Dad and Jena cleaned out Mom's flower beds around the house last week, so the flowers look beautiful as they have started to bloom. There are still a lot that will not be hurt with the frost.

Dad is going to a farm auction this morning. He probably won't stay very long since it is so cold. At least the sun is out shining today; yesterday was just cloudy.

Jena is going to spend the day with Grandma. They will probably play Scrabble - Grandma's favorite game to play! And Grandma is really, really good at creating words, so she usually wins. :)

My laser printer has fax capability which I have been trying to get to work in conjunction with our land phone line. I have been able to send faxes without any problem, but receiving them is another story. Grandma and I have tried faxing each other back and forth, trying to get it in working order, but there is one thing I am missing for some reason.

I've changed some settings and when Jena gets to Grandma's she will try sending me something. Hopefully I will be able to get it figured out today. I've read and read on the different settings to make it work with the same line as our home phone, so maybe today will be the last day of fiddling with it! :)

Better get back to stitching...I have a purple skirt to finish stitching, buttons to sew on, a zipper to put in and then onto cutting fabric for my embroidery class on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)