Wings As Eagles: Trusting in the Lord

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Trusting in the Lord

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Proverbs 16:20
...Blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.

God's Word tells me to put my complete trust in Him in everything that I do. While that is very encouraging to know that God is in control of everything in my life, putting my complete trust in Him with everything is not always easy to do!

Whether I am preparing for classes that I am teaching or planning products and promotions on my website, I like to know everything that I am doing and when it needs to be done. I have pages of papers with details, notes to do this or that and timelines for when things need to be finished. Yes, I am one of those people with lists for anything and everything! :)

While planning and organizing is important and necessary, sometime I don't know or can't know certain details or the outcome of whatever I have planned. That's where trust comes in. I often find it frustrating when things don't fall into place as I think they should or I'm not sure what will happen.

Often times I will worry and my thoughts and focus are on "What am I going to do?" or "What would happen if I did this?" Instead of letting it occupy my thoughts day and night, often preventing me from getting other things done, I should continue to pray about it, trusting that God will fill in the details and gaps in His timing, not mine.

And what a blessing and joy that is when He does! I have been making some decisions on teaching some embroidery/quilting classes in the coming months and several things just fell into place today. For some reason, unplanned by me, I visited with several people today while shopping that just confirmed what I needed to do. I just happened to visit with a couple ladies who commented about several classes I have taught in the past. I just happened to make contact with someone in regards to where I can teach.

The I just happened I mentioned above have no valid reason except that God filled in a few of the missing pieces I have been pondering. Was I planning to visit with the people I did this morning? No, teaching was not even on my mind. But with the details I have so far, I can plan one step further as to what I need to do. Is everything crystal clear as to the who, what, when, where and how? No, certainly not! But I can keep on trusting that God will fill in the gaps in His timing as to what He wants me to do. The only thing I have to do is keep trusting Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)