Wings As Eagles: A little less wind would be nice

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

A little less wind would be nice

Today the wind has been blowing and blowing! Walk outside and you just about get blown away. When I walked to the mailbox this morning (Yes, I do occasionally go outside!! :)) to mail my packages, several of the envelopes almost blew out of my hands. Tomorrow is another windy day to look forward to. It's supposed to be in the 80's with high wind gusts.

Dad has finally been able to plant milo yesterday and today. He worked all day today until dark tonight, so hopefully he will be able to finish the last field tomorrow. The dirt has really been blowing in the fields and he is concerned that he may need to replant some areas. Just have to wait and see...

Jena actually still jogged this evening...in the wind!! Silly girl! Then she took Lady outside for a while with Skittles. Skittles wasn't too happy with Lady or the windy weather, plus she hasn't been outside much, so it's unfamiliar to her.

1 comment:

  1. No, I don't know of any cat who likes the wind.

    The pictures of Rascal and Skittles are cute.

    I can't imagine jogging in the wind, but I remember riding my bicycle in the wind.
    Contrary to popular belief I did used to excercise quite a bit. Not as much as you alldo, but still quite a bit. I used to do a lot of bike riding way up into my 20's, plus I've taken aroebic classes, belonged to fitness centers, etc. I did all that up until my late 40's when I could no longer afford it. I also used to walk a lot.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)