Wings As Eagles: What kids will say...

Sunday, February 24, 2008

What kids will say...

I love teaching my class of 1st, 2nd and 3rd graders every Sunday morning. It's something I look forward to every week! And it never fails that one of my little ones either says something that causes me to chuckle or causes me to stop and think. They aren't afraid to say anything or ask any question! :)

So this morning as we were singing some songs after the lesson, one of my little girls told me,"Whenever you get married and have kids, they are going to have really pretty voices because your singing is so pretty."

Of course, I could probably be the worst singer in the world and she would still probably say that! And I can't sing that well.

A couple weeks ago we were singing the song, I Believe the Bible, and two twin boys who just started coming asked me, "What is sinners? and What does risen mean?"

I'm sure these two little boys are not believers, so their questions were perfect for sharing the Gospel. They ask all kinds of questions on words and things which I take so much for granted. I've known these things for years, ever since I was little, probably younger than they are now. But they haven't had the opportunity or advantage of being raised in a Christian home where the basics of the Bible and the Lord Jesus Christ are being taught everyday.

It makes me appreciate so much what God has taught me, the way my parents have raised me and how I've grown in my relationship with Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)