Wings As Eagles: A new look to the camp chapel!

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A new look to the camp chapel!

Year to year, most things at camp remain the same. A few changes to the building, grounds or schedule are tweaked and improved every year, but usually nothing too significant...until this year. I walked into the dinning room toward the chapel and discovered two sets of sliding glass doors instead of the stained plastic doors that have been there for years.


It's quite a change to walk by and be able to see directly into the chapel, see what is going on and see who's inside. At first I didn't really like it, but I have to say it does have it's advantages. I can walk by and see inside without having to open the door and disturb the class inside. And if I'm looking for someone, it's much easier to glance through the glass, rather then have to open the door as before to see inside.

Not only are the glass doors at the back of the chapel a change, but they also added a glass door on each side near the front which I just love! You can easily slip in and out of those side doors if needed rather than walking clear to the back of the chapel to get in or out. A big help when a group of kids is coming in. Plus they lengthened the chapel with a raised stage area at the front, so it will seat around 150...much more than before.



There's more room, especially since they removed the benches on the sides. Although I do miss those benches that let you sit a little higher than the campers, but I haven't missed them as much as I thought I would. They redid the floor and walls with wood, so that's new and improved, plus the air conditioning is much better and stays cooler longer.

The one disadvantage is since they lengthened the chapel, it eliminated the little bit of space behind the chapel which was my favorite place to teach my Bible class. Now there is only a little walkway back there...certainly no room for a class of campers.

It's taken some getting used to, but I can say now, that the change is for the better, although at first I was a little unsure. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)