Wings As Eagles: What I need is a stuffed footprint!

Saturday, July 5, 2008

What I need is a stuffed footprint!

Since my theme this year is footprints relating back to Naomi and Ruth and their journey, I decided that I needed a footprint to hold my candy that I give out in my Bible lesson time. Last year it was a brick wall since the lesson was on Nehemiah. The year before it was a stuffed lion because the lesson was on Daniel.

With the stuffed lion, every time one of the campers answered a question correctly, I threw the lion filled with candy to them to catch so they could get a piece. I honestly think they enjoyed catching the lion and throwing it back to me more than the actual candy.

So this year, I wanted to find a pillow or stuffed something in a shape of a footprint. I know I have seen something like that, so it has to exist, but do you think I could find something now when I need it? Nope! Certainly not! Not a chance!

I looked online, on eBay, at our local Dollar stores and even Wal-Mart and didn't find a thing that was shaped in a footprint or that would work! Hmmm....so I bought some fleece and decided to make my own which I was trying to avoid cause I really don't have time to do it. But I stitched a really quick footprint this afternoon.


And I know what you are going to say....it's a strange looking footprint, but it will work! :) This is the second one I made. I finished the first one and Jena wasn't too thrilled with it, but I thought it would work. And then Dad came downstairs and saw it and commented on it. Then I knew I had to redo it...and the second is much better than the first! There's Velcro on one side with a ziplock bag inside the hold the candy.



Btw....I walked through the toys aisles at Wal-Mart yesterday looking for the stuffed animal section and finally found a little spot filled only with a couple bears and dogs. Are stuffed animals not a popular children's toy anymore?! What happened to all those cute little colorful animals that used to fill a whole aisle?! I have to admit, I haven't been in the toy section at Wal-Mart for probably more than 10 years, but I thoughyt stuffed animals were a classic, never-to-end toy! And after all stuffed animals aren't just for little ones...I still have multiple ones in my room and even on my bed. :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it turned out great! You're so creative!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)