Wings As Eagles: A REAL bacon cheeseburger pizza!

Thursday, September 11, 2008

A REAL bacon cheeseburger pizza!


Our family has always enjoyed going out to eat pizza and for the majority of my lifetime, we have always ordered the same one-topping pizza every time - hamburger or sausage. Until about a year ago when Jena and Krissa (who else, but my wonderful-always trying something different-sisters!) decided that we needed to make a change.

Over the past year we have tried several kinds of pizza in addition to the old favorites. And amazingly enough; they are really good. I don't know why we didn't try these yummy-tasting pizzas long before now! When we ordered a bacon cheeseburger pizza, we expected something different than just hamburger. And it did just a little. There was a little bacon flavor to it, but other than that...just a plain hamburger pizza.

So I decided to make a pizza that to me seemed more like a bacon cheeseburger pizza! I rolled out the dough, making it thick like a Pizza Hut pizza. Spread a little pizza sauce on it, crumbled hamburger on top, sprinkled some crisp bacon and topped it with cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Because bacon cheeseburgers have cheddar cheese, not mozzarella.

And it was very, very good!! I need to work on the crust a little to give it a little more flavor, but I'll keep trying. Since this one turned out so well, I'm going to try some different toppings and see what happens; it ought to be good! The other thing I'm going to work on is creating a perfectly round pizza - without the mountainous edges! Because you know, a perfectly round pizza tastes so much better than an uneven one. :)

Next week - taco pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)