Wings As Eagles: The start of kid's club for fall 2008

Monday, September 15, 2008

The start of kid's club for fall 2008


Last Wednesday was the first evening for kid's club this school year. We did a review of our theme last semester which was the Armor of God and God's 7 Day Creation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upon mentioning our Creation series, I realized in looking back at my posts from kid's club last year that I didn't finish up what we did for kid's club. I posted those and dated them back in May, so if you want to see the rest of the series, see here, here and here, plus photos and a video from our last evening cook out, see here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


We had 6 kids, including a couple of new ones, come last week and our evening went really well. The kids listened, answered questions, participated and had a fun time!

Our theme this year is the Fruit of the Spirit from Galatians 5:22-23. We will be studying a different fruit as listed in the Bible corresponding it to edible fruit. Jena's in charge of memory verses, Terri's in charge of refreshment and games and I'm doing the teaching every week.

In my teaching, I'm planning on challenging the kids to practice that week the fruit we talked about. My goal is to explain what each fruit is and means, highlight a Bible character who demonstrated this fruit and then discuss ways you and I can apply this fruit in our everyday lives.

I have fruit dye cuts and I'm going to give them two pieces of "fruit" each week and write down something they will DO that week that relates to what we talked about. They will put one piece of fruit in the basket and the following week the kids will get to ask each other if they actually did what they wrote down. And the other piece of fruit they will take home to remind them what they wrote down and plan to do that week.

Our plan is to theme every week with a different fruit including the verses, teaching, game time and refreshments. I'm looking forward to it!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)