Wings As Eagles: Sweet BBQ Chicken Kabobs

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Sweet BBQ Chicken Kabobs

This is actually a summer grilling recipe, but I just couldn't resist cooking it one more time before winter sets in. For the last two weeks my mouth has been watering for this tender, flavorful chicken. And this time I added chopped red potatoes to the mix, which I thought turned out rather well.

Now if I could just figure out a way to get the grilling effect in the oven or on the stove top, that would be fantastic! I like cooking things out on the grill - love the looks and flavor, but it is so hard to cook evenly. Especially with the potatoes this time. You have to cook a little longer or slower to get the potatoes done and that is tricky if you don't want a burned kabob.

Plus, I don't think Dad trusts me with the grill. I always mention to him in the morning I'm going to use it for lunch, just to make sure it has gas and everything. And it never fails - he is ALWAYS in earlier for lunch, starting it and checking it every so often. I think that might have to do with the fact that one time I left the gas on or something....I can't recall exactly just what I did, but it was something I wasn't supposed to do. Oh, well, he's better at the grilling part than me, so I'll just let him do it! :)


Sweet BBQ Chicken Kabobs


Ingredients:

1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2" chunks
2 cups 1 1/2" fresh pineapple chunks
1 each: red and green pepper, cut into 1 1/2" chunks
2 medium red potatoes, cut into 1 1/2" chunks
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
3 TBSP. frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed

Directions:

Slightly precook red potatoes before cutting into chunks. This will allow them to cook faster when on the grill. Soak wooden skewers in water 30 minutes before using to help prevent burning.

Using 8" long wooden skewers (2, side-by-side, for each kabob), alternately thread chicken, peppers, pineapple and potatoes. The two sticks together keep the chunks from turning as you are grilling.

Mix BBQ sauce and orange juice and brush onto kabobs.

Grill 8-10 minutes or until chicken is completely done, turning and brushing with sauce as needed.
colorful combination, isn't it?

all ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)