Wings As Eagles: The half-marathon runner!

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The half-marathon runner!

Jena's move to Oklahoma City has driven her to do some crazy things or at least what seem crazy to me. Last Sunday she ran a half-marathon which is 13.1 miles. 13.1 miles! That distance is equal from our house to Dodge and to think of even running that distance sounds crazy. Or as someone on facebook said, "stark raving mad". Yeah, that about sums it up too.

While it seems crazy to me and I could never do it, I'm still very proud of her for the diligence and perseverance in running the full 13.1 miles and for finishing. And believe it or not, she actually finished that milage in 2 hours, 12 minutes and 27 seconds. Jena and her friend, Kate, were able to keep pace with each other, averaging around 10 minute miles.

She ran a 5K marathon a couple months ago, then the half-marathon on Sunday and up next - the FULL marathon. That's what she says her next goal is and I'm sure she'll do it.

Finished!!!
So glad to be done!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)