Wings As Eagles: Life....just life.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Life....just life.

I can't believe my last post here was a couple weeks ago. What's been happening around my house? Not much...just plain, normal, everyday life. Here's a glance at the last few days:

Saturday: Income taxes. A task I dread doing, mainly because there's so much of it I don't understand. Between my slight knowledge and Dad's help, I'm able to get there, but figuring expenses, income and making sure to get it all according to IRS rules it just....well, is just....hard. But my taxes are filed, been confirmed with the IRS and my paperwork stack is much smaller than it was last week. Ahhh....that makes me feel better!

Sunday: Have you ever had two kindergarten girls try guessing your age?! That made for a quite interesting discussion before we started Sunday School. That evening we had a movie watching event - The Ghost and Mr. Chicken, starring of all people - Don Knotts (aka Barney Fife!). I don't care what movie Don Knotts is in, the characteristics he displays in his actions and speech will forever be linked to the "nip it in the bud" deputy sheriff! A fun evening!

Monday: This week we've had 70 and 80 degree days which have been wonderful - makes flip flop wearing weather just around the corner! With the warmer weather and sun shining, I've been trying to get outside and get a slight tan. Let's just say......it's going to take a while. Although I will say my skin has turned color; it's no longer pure white, but not quite the tan I had in mind. Hopefully the "tan" will start appearing soon. :)

Tuesday: Hmmm...what did I do this day?? Oh yes, I finished up some last of the month business deadlines, stitched a couple of alterations that needed to be done and cleaned and sorted the last of my paperwork from doing my taxes over the weekend.

Wednesday: Ahhh...how I look forward to Wednesday afternoons! The kids are so sweet and it's always a treat to spend that time with Erinn and teaching and doing activities with the kids. Our Bible character this week was Thomas and how he doubted and didn't believe that Jesus had risen from the dead. For my introduction into the lesson, I had multiple objects in paper bags and asked several of the kids if they believed me if I told them that there was a green fish, $200, a quarter, a teddy bear or other various objects in each bag.

While I was hoping for a "no, I don't believe you" answer (just like Thomas didn't believe what he was told until he saw Jesus' hands), mostly what I got was a, "yes, I believe you". They continually believed me; which is slightly scary. They are watching and believing what I say and do. My prayer is that my speech and actions are reflecting Christ and bringing glory and honor to Him! What a responsibility! Whew!!

Thursday (today): I just received our VBS program, "High Seas Expedition" yesterday and am soooooo thrilled about getting started on that for this summer! Just imagine - ships, sailing, cute sailing clip art characters, fun-to-sing songs, crashing waves and spy glasses digging out truth from God's Word?!?! And yes, that's what I'm planning on spending my weekend sorting out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)