Wings As Eagles: 28 years ago today...

Saturday, May 29, 2010

28 years ago today...

...Dad and Mom were married. May 29, 1982. And 3 1/2 years ago, that bond was broken. Although to us it seems to make not a bit of sense why God would allow such a thing to happen, ultimately, God was and still is in total control.

As hard as it was that first year without Mom, I think the upcoming months and years will hold days where I wish more than ever that Mom were still here. Mom would have been overjoyed to see Krissa's wedding in a couple of weeks and mine in the months ahead!

It's on those days and special times that I could choose to ask God, "Why? Why would you allow Mom not to be here for weddings of her daughters which she looked forward to so much? Why take Mom now and leave Dad here alone?"

Why? I don't know. I don't understand. But then, God's plan doesn't always make sense to our human minds. I won't always understand or know the reason why, but I can trust. Trust, accept and KNOW that Mom's death was beyond my control and ultimately part of God's unfailing plan. And God's plan far outweighs anything else so why would I want anything different?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)