Wings As Eagles: A Quiet Day

Monday, May 28, 2007

A Quiet Day

Today was a quiet day at our house. Dad hauled dirt from the pasture to the neighbor's driveway. The dirt in the driveway and around the garage that is being built has been washed away with the rain we have had. Plus the dirt has been pushed around because of the people working over there. So Dad hauled several truckloads of dirt in his truck and then smoothed it out with the tractor. When he went back out after lunch, he said he was going back to playing in the dirt! :)

I have been downstairs for most of the day. I straightened up my sewing room this morning and then have been planning my fall class schedule this afternoon. I am in the process of looking for fabric for a new embroidered quilt I plan to start next September/October. So I have been on and off the computer all day (nothing unusual about that, I guess!).

I moved my papers and computer to the couch to do my sketching and planning and Skittles has been here in my lap or right next to me all afternoon. She is very insistent on sleeping in my lap; she pushes her way in no matter what. I made room for her to sit on the couch, but oh no, that wouldn't work - it's got to be my lap! Spoiled kitten and she's not even two months old yet. She really is a sweet kitten; just wants attention a little too much. :)

Jena called this morning and was so excited and thrilled with the conferences that she has attended so far. She and Katrina have been enjoying the time spent with other girls, hiking on the trails in the beautiful Colorado mountains and listening to the speakers. She told me that she just may not come home! I'm truly glad she is enjoying the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)