Wings As Eagles: My trip to Houston

Sunday, November 4, 2007

My trip to Houston

My trip last weekend to Houston was great and wonderful! I had a marvelous time seeing the newest and greatest of fabrics, notions and supplies in the quilting world! It was a busy and stressful four days, but I'm glad I went. I learned lots and am eager to get some new ideas and projects started.

Why would I think that November might be just a little less busy than the past two months? I should know better. I usually come home from quilt shows with so many ideas that I want to get starting cutting and stitching right away. I have most of my thoughts and ideas stored in a notebook I wrote in all weekend and will over the next few months, read through and decide which things to implement in my business. I can only do so much and need to learn to limit myself to just a few things and not try to do everything! I haven't quite mastered that yet! :)

I love flying and traveling, but never do I look forward to the hustle and bustle of getting through security lines and boarding the plane. Especially when I have lots of luggage to tote around. I think my luggage just about doubled on the way home. I only checked one suitcase and then took my computer and purse with me on the plane.

I bought more than I planned and as I was packing up Sunday morning, discovered that there was no way I would be able to fit everything in my one checked bag and carry-on computer bag. Thank goodness I had packed an extra large zippered tote bag as a "just in case needed bag". I ended up with my checked luggage being my overwhelmingly heavy suitcase (thank goodness for rolling wheels!) and a box packed with fliers, brochures, books and magazines.

I stuffed and I mean stuffed the stabilizers and threads I bought into my extra tote to take on the place. And then stuffed anything I couldn't fit in my other bags and boxes in my computer bag. Then as we are in line at the airport picking up our boarding passes, I realize I have three carry-on pieces - stuffed full tote bag, bulging computer bag and my purse. My only option is to take my purse apart and stuff everything that was inside between my two other bags.

How in the world am I going to do that? I'm not quite sure how, but I did. Just when I didn't think I could fit in one more thing, I did. I was more than ready to get out of the airport and on the drive home with my overwhelming load of baggage! And just for your info, no, I don't have every single thing unpacked yet, but I'm getting there! :)

For all of you who love the quilting aspect of my trip and want more details, you can read my post here on my trip!


Sitting in a line at the airport, waiting to board.
After being on my feet all weekend, my feet just
couldn't tolerate any more standing!




A view of Texas from up high!
I really love flying, but could do without
the lines and security at the airport!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)