Wings As Eagles: Cooking and baking is great for a rainy day!

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Cooking and baking is great for a rainy day!

Last Saturday was a perfect day for baking something! Don't you ever just get the feeling or urge to bake something...like something sweet?!?! I especially get that inkling when it's cold and rainy outside. And since it rained the week before when I had sewing deadlines and couldn't bake, Saturday was the day!

Actually I was just going to bake enchiladas for lunch and then decided to bake oatmeal cookies. I absolutely just love oatmeal cookies...especially the dough!! After all, the best part about cookies and baking is eating part of it as you are making it, right?!?! :)

I started measuring the shortening and sugar and then remembered that I already had oatmeal cookie dough in the freezer. I know I'm strange but in our freezer you will find oatmeal cookie dough (and sometimes other kinds as well) just because the dough is sometime so much better than the baked cookies!!! So I switched to snickerdoodles. I doubled the recipe, baked half of it, rolled the remaining dough into little balls and froze it so it will be quick and easy to bake the rest if I need them in a pinch.

Although snickerdoodle cookie dough still can't beat oatmeal cookie dough, it still was yummy!!

Baking snickerdoodles...oh, and the baby monitor receiver in the
background...just what is that? I was stitching a
design on my machine downstairs and carry that with me so I can
hear my machine stop and I know to change thread colors! :)



Enchiladas cooking in the oven.
Yeah, I know, cleaning the oven is on my list to-do!



Don't those look yummy...even the baked ones?!?! :)


1 comment:

  1. you'll make the perfect little housewife for some lucky guy!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)