Wings As Eagles: Frogs, fireflies, firebugs and all that stuff

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Frogs, fireflies, firebugs and all that stuff

.........

Here's your trivia question for the day:
What do you see wrong with this photo?


Keep scrolling down and keep reading to find out........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........

Did you find it yet? lol!!!
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
Much to my embarrassment, it took one of my 2nd graders to discover it and tell me about it. ;)
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........
...........

I had such fun creating these decorations and am enjoying implementing them into my class lessons each week. I'm teaching on prayer in addition to following my time-line of the Old Testament. The little frogs, fireflies and firebugs are as cute as they can be!

C'mon In!

bulletin board


Last Sunday my two twin boys in class did very well. They are very active and do not come from the best of homes, so many times my hour of teaching is spent keeping them in line. This time they did splendidly well and I'm so thankful! Praise the Lord for that!

We decorated prayer boxes which they thought was great fun. Especially the sticky glue dots that we used. They thought that was great! Then I had frog diecuts in the lime green frog basket and wrote a topic or someone that they could pray for this next week.

As each one drew their own frog out of the basket, we talked about who they could pray for and how they could specifically pray for them. Then they took their prayer box home and their prayer frog to remind them to pray for that person each day. Each week they will get to pick another prayer frog to add to their box. They were so excited that they wanted to take more than one prayer frog home!


Also, I was really encouraged because I'm planning for my class to sing several songs dealing with prayer during the morning worship service and while the girls are excited and have their parts memorized, I've been struggling with getting the boys involved.

But today they kept asking me when they were going to sing in church and were excited about it and just about had the songs and actions memorized. I think they would have sung it this morning if I would have let them. Why the huge change? I have no idea, but I'm praising the Lord for it!

Ok, so did you spot the mistake? Take a close look at the verse. A really close look.

Yes, you are right....the Psalm is missing the "L" in the first version. Sad to say I typed the reference, printed it, cut it out, glued it on the posterboard, hung it up at church and it was there for a whole week before one of the boys said, "That's not how you spell Psalms!"

The really sad thing is that I did all that twice since I made one for the door and one for the bulletin board. However, do keep in mind that this was done late at night. Can I use that for an excuse? LOL!!!! Oh well, that keeps me humble! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)