Wings As Eagles: Quilt Pattern Published

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Quilt Pattern Published

For the last several months, in and around many other things, I have been working on several patterns I would like to have published. And now I'm happy to say that I have the first one finished.

A Shaggy Raggy Quilt is created with fabrics that ravel easily such as flannel, cotton or denim. It is cut and stitched in a simple and easy way for kids to sew or adults or are new to quilting. I've taught this class many times and have had requests for the pattern in written form, so here it is!!

Finally...after lots of research, writing, editing, rewriting and designing graphics/photos, it is finally complete and ready to go! I received the artwork cover sheets a couple weeks ago and am happy with the finished results.

I created the patterns and cover sheet with Adobe Indesign and Macromedia Fireworks, which are absolutely some of the greatest software programs out there. I could sit for hours and just play with these programs on my computer. I just wish I had the time to do that like I did years ago. That was my main source of computer knowledge - being on the computer for hours playing with files and programs!

1 comment:

I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)